Bantam

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bigdave, Jan 1, 2014.

1. bigdave

bigdave Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2013
    south florida
    not sure the breed of this bantam. but she sure is cute and the nicest hen of the flock.she is just over 6 mths old still no eggs.any info is welcomed thank you.[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    She is a frizzled cochin, and by the looks of her comb she is about to start laying.

3. bigdave

Jul 28, 2013
    south florida
    Thank you for your thoughts on this. i also have what i was told to be an americana. here is a pic of her.[​IMG]

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

your first hen is a frizzled cochin. Cochins aren't known for being particularly stellar layers, but they're calm and docile and make some of the best pets of the chicken world. They also like to go broody and raise babies, if that's your thing.

Your second bird is an Easter egger hen, often (incorrectly) sold as Ameraucanas by hatcheries. Is she laying colored eggs for you?

5. bigdave

Jul 28, 2013
    south florida
    No I havent got any eggs yet the easter egger is about 3 months old. got some time before eggs come from them. i have pics of my other bantams male and female. here is a pic of them together. BTW this pic is on here in a different post thanx for looking :)[​IMG]

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    pic 1- frizzle cochin bantam
    pic 2-easter egger
    Not sure if you want to know what third ones breed are, but...
    pic 3- porcelain d'uccles

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by