Bantams chickens

DaKid

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Berkley , Ma.
Hello Ya'll
I love my Bantams in which I have 7 difference types or breeds most of them are in trio's or plus and all in separated pens or cages what I'm finding out is the Roo's are so noise all they do is crow all day long, there driving me nuts plus with them crowing there getting the standard chicken roo’s crowing also . I have lights in the chicken coop and I also place a radio which comes on at 7am and stays on until 10pm which seems to help quite them down a bit , but BOY they cluck up a storm as soon as one starts they all join in ......the worst ones are Quail Antwerp Belgian and Mille Fleur d’Uccle Roo’s ..............I thing it’s time to weed the bantams down a bit ...............there drive me nuts ..........never mine the neighbors or da wife

Al.

haha, yeah they can be quite the noisy little bunch.. But i love to hear a rooster crow. especially when their bantams because the high pitched voice sounds funny. Live next to family that has had chickens since.. forever so it doesn't bother them.

-Daniel

I know what you mean!
big_smile.png

I rehomed two of my crowing roos a few days ago. As soon as one started, the rest followed and would not let up for the longest time. It's amazing to watch (and hear) but it gets to be a nuisance, too.
roll.png

Now, one of my "girls" has started to crow, too. It's a golden pencilled hamburg & came with an order of all girls. And....I soooooo wanted to keep it, too. They have the coolest combs.

Back
Top Bottom