bantams fighting .

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by NorthestGeorgia14, Oct 16, 2011.

1. NorthestGeorgia14

NorthestGeorgia14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2011
    Rome Ga
    Will a old English bantams fight to the death . I know the regular old english roosters will .

2. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I have two OEGB bantams, they were "brooder brothers" and do not mess with each other. Hope that helps.

3. NorthestGeorgia14

NorthestGeorgia14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2011
    Rome Ga
    How old are they. Because my papa had some and when they got out they fight crazyy i think they don't see each other and when they do they get mad. I mean the bantam will fight a big game rooster.

4. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Mine were hatched end of march this year. They aren't top dog in the pen, 5 other roosters (Cockerals) in that pen. We are thinning our rooster stock, so they won't get the chance to do much fighting.

5. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

I've not had a big problem with OEGB agressiveness. Not anymore than any other breeds. In fact, I find them nicer and less agressive than most roosters. If they have enough space and enough hens they are fine. Too crowded and too few hens I think any roosters could fight.

6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I purchased 2 pairs of OEGB's 2 years ago, from two different breeders. After quarantine I put both pairs in with eachother and they never fought.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by