Bantams for Dog food

SammyLee

Chirping
Jun 19, 2016
Keeseville, NY
The title may be weird, but I couldn't really think of how else to name it haha

I want to start feeding my dog raw chicken (supplemented by kibble), but I don't have the space to raise enough birds to slaughter and definitely not enough room to freeze the amount of birds required to feed my boy. So, I was wondering if raising bantams would be the solution. Maybe they won't be a lot of meat for people, but plenty for a meal or two for a dog. I could keep many more bantams and cull a few every weekend for the following week. Has anyone done this or heard of this being done? What are some of the best breeds for this? Or, is this a horrible idea? hahaha

Im sorry..i cannot help much on this topic. Im going to subscribe so i can follow along
smile.png
..it will be interesting to see the replies you get--i haven't seen many topics posted like this.

You'd probably get better answers if you post in the meat bird section.

It would also help if you post with breed of bantam you are thinking of using because they vary greatly in size, from tiny seramas to larger cochin bantams.

Last edited:
You'd probably get better answers if you post in the meat bird section.

It would also help if you post with breed of bantam you are thinking of using because they vary greatly in size, from tiny seramas to larger cochin bantams.
Thank you, I'll try posting there. I don't know much about bantam breeds, just that they are smaller haha I'll have to do more research on my own first.

Back
Top Bottom