Bantams from Privett Hatchery?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Sequin, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Anyone know what sort of Bantams Privett carries? I am trying to figure out what one of my chicks is and they don't have a list of breeds(of any chicks) on their website. I thought maybe someone here would know. Thanks!!! [​IMG]

2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:post a pic, i may be able to help.

3. Sequin

May 20, 2008
    The chick in question is the black one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The chest seems gray or blue, with a white/pale yellow chin. Sorry for a couple of the pictures being fuzzy. The chick is not entirely black, nor does it have strong white/pale yellow markings. So, I was hoping to narrow it down by knowing what Privett carries. I confirmed with the store that that is where they came from. Thanks soo much for any help. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  4. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I have one that looks like this and was told it MAY be a Japanese. I hope! Let's see what everyone else says.

5. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    astrolorpe or black sex link.

6. Sequin

May 20, 2008
    I was kind of wondering about maybe it being a black sex-link. I saw one on feathersite called a black star that looked very similar. It sure is a darling though, and my son picked it - so he is especially proud of the little one. I think it may be a roo, but only time will tell on that one. Thank you SOO much for helping!!! [​IMG]

7. the_great_snag

the_great_snag Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Staples, Minnesota
    Since these are bantams I would guess black australorp bantam...

no real idea though...

Japanese or Sumatra would be cool too though! Not sure if Sumatras come in bantam form though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by