Bantams less than a week...breed help please? Group 1

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bunsnpupsnchick, Jul 3, 2016.

1. bunsnpupsnchick

bunsnpupsnchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2016
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    Hi

May I please have some help/double check on breed/color for these babies? There are 13 bantams & 11 cresteds total, but a few that 'look' the same so I'll be posting in groups. I think these 3 are mille-fleur d'uccle. Though I don't see the white tipping on their baby wings...so my other thought is gold laced cochin. They're from the 6/29 hatch date for Ideal Poultry. Far as I know they don't have a gold laced d'uccle. At this age I'm not sure how strong the beards could/would be either....so those who know???? Am I right? I don't think they're blue mille fleur as there's too much of the black, but the lightest one does make me wonder...and hope. Thanks for any/all help!

I tried to take the pics from right to left for the group & the same pic(s) in the same order.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Without muffs they aren't d'uccles. I'm thinking possibly bantam cochins. What kind of comb do they have?

3. summerb123

summerb123 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2016
    Mississippi
    they are sooo cute
    P.S. I am not a great source of help [​IMG]

4. bunsnpupsnchick

Jul 2, 2016
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    Pyxis--Best as I can figure the comb is single. I'm not seeing the muff/beard, but not sure if it's always easily seen this young. Pic quality doesn't help. Am I right in thinking cochin as gold laced & d'uccle mille fleur...if the beard/muff were present that is.

summerb123--thanks! I'm doing my best NOT to name them since I know I can't keep them all. I couldn't decide on what I wanted so I left it to chance.

5. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    The muffs are always very apparent on d'uccles from the time they hatch, so yes, I think you're right in that they are gold laced cochins.

6. bunsnpupsnchick

Jul 2, 2016
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    Pyxis--Thank you. :) Haven't had a d'uccle from baby & my roo I have is actually mixed with cochin so he's a bit 'broader' in the body. They're still cute fuzzy butts!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by