Bantams Next box Ideals????

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Cowboyffa84, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Cowboyffa84

Cowboyffa84 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2010
    Lone Grove Oklahoma
    I just built me a 9x6 coop and i still have to build the coop i need it small so i can more it when needed i built the pen where i can put wheels on it when i needed it moved but now i gotta come up with an ideal how to build the neat box and roost its gotta be detachable so i can move that separately when needed. I only have 3 sheets of plywood left and i was thinging about making a 2x2x8 square box type but dont know how big i should make the nest boxes i have a total of 6 bantam hens so i need at least 6 boxes in each compartment "oh by the way the carpartments are (36 inches long 24 inches wide by 2 feet tall) Any ideals???? and should i put the roost inside the coop or outside since its so hot here?

2. Cowboyffa84

Cowboyffa84 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2010
    Lone Grove Oklahoma
    sorry for the bad spelling i forgot to spell check before i posted :S opps

3. Annabella

Annabella Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2010
    You don't need a nest box per bird - I think its one for every 4 birds. They take turns and just kick the other one out when its their turn.
    You could use something like a large bucket, laid on its side with the lid half cut off as a barrier. This would make it easy then to move. [​IMG]

With the roost if you had something fixed on the wall - you could slot the timber onto, you could easily remove it also.
    I have seen some good ideas here on BYC, if you did a search, or looked through the pictures of coops you might get some more ideas too.

All the best [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by