Bantams....not sure

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by feather forest, Sep 25, 2012.

1. feather forest

feather forest Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2012
    of gender or breeds. I got these at the feed store and they were supposed to be pullets but I think they are little roos. I don't know much about breeds but I think the black is a cochin and the white a japanese? Would love the input from all of you experts out there!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    They are both roos. Top is a cochin, if the bottom one has short legs you are probably right on both. Feedstores get their chicks from hatcheries, and I don't think any hatcheries sell sexed bantams. They are too little, they are usually sold as straight run.

3. feather forest

feather forest Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2012
    Thanks for your quick response! I wondered about the bantams being too little to sex! I think I had an over anxious employee selling them to me. I'm sad that they are roos because I probably can't keep them. The little black one jumps up on the water bottle and makes the cutest little sounds. I'm sure those sounds are going to get louder though and just how loud will determine if I can keep him. I love bantams!

4. AlicesSilkies

AlicesSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh i know the bantams are adorable!! i love them!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by