1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantams stolen in Wagoner, OK

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by KFC+HENS, May 9, 2016.

1. KFC+HENS

KFC+HENS New Egg

Oct 8, 2010
    Hi, I just wanted other chicken owners to be aware that your beloved chickens and babies could be in danger from thieves. I live in the Rocky Point area of Wagoner, Oklahoma. On Wednesday, May 4th after 11:00 pm and before 5:00 am, someone entered my backyard and stole my bantams and new baby chicks. If you see someone selling these birds, be suspicious.[​IMG]

The thieves entered my gate (they left it open) at the side of the house. I had a tractor, just outside my garage back door with 8 Welsummer chicks that were 5-weeks old. They were feathered out really nice from being raised in an outdoor brooder. I had 4 males, 4 females that I had hatched myself.

Then the thieves walked around to the other side of the house, about 50 yards from the house, entered a gate (they also left this one open). Here I had two small coops. From one they took all my Golden Seabrights but one (she was under the nest box sitting on eggs). They took 6 hens and 2 roosters.

They opened my second coop, taking my Old English Game Bantam flock. From my Brown Breasted Red birds, I had 2 roosters, one with his comb clipped, the other not clipped. I had 4 or 5 Brown Breasted Red hens. I also had in there 4 Lemon-Blue hens. These ranged from a real light shade, almost white, 2 light blue with a couple of small black spots of color bleeding through, then a dark blue one.

It just makes my sick. Some of the OEGB had been my daughter's and were super friendly. They were pets! I now have padlocks with chains on the gates ( very inconvenient). I also am looking into running electric to the side yard for a flood light and will definitely get cameras. The police officer suggested an inferred deer camera inside the coop, but I don't think that will work-too much bird movement? Any not too expensive suggestions? I will not get birds again until I feel it will be safe-probably next year. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. lovemy6hens

lovemy6hens Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Central Texas
    That is a terrible thing for someone to do! I'm so sorry for your loss.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by