1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantams vs standard sizes

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Fast Chick, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Fast Chick

Fast Chick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2008
    So if a coop will house 3 standard hens comfortable will it house 5 banties comfortably?

I don't want to overcrowd, but I don't want more coop than 5 little Japanese banties will need.

Normally I overbuild, but with my husband and chickens it just means he gets more chickens. So I'm hoping a smaller coop will control his Japanese banty lust.

2. MicMoo

MicMoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Quote:I want to wish you good luck on this quest, but I fear you might be 'tilting windmills'. In the short time I've been on this site, I've noticed that the spouse who wants more chickens usually GETS more chickens. [​IMG]

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

[​IMG] true, so true....

4. Fast Chick

Fast Chick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2008
    I let him know I won't over crowd or have brids in less than good housing and he knows I mean it. I am the animal keeper and builder of coops so I am the decider on what we get. He learned that bringing home birds without asking means we have chicken for dinner the next night. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by