Bantams... Will they ever learn?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mommto3kiddos, May 2, 2011.

1. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    I put my Bantam Roos into the coop with my girls last weekend. I plan to keep them their until we find new homes for them. My RSL girls caught on to the whole "ramp" and going in at night to stay warm thing, but the Batams... Not so much! I go out every night to put them in and every morning everyone is out of the coop, but the little guys.. I have 3 bantam hens I was planning to keep!

Will they ever figure out the ramp, coop, roost thing??

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Yes, they will. Just give the little dummys some time. Might be more daunting for them since they are smaller than it was for the big girls.

3. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    i had to put "step" on my brooder ramp because they couldn't get enough traction to come up it and once i did they were able to come up and down with no problems. it's a easy fix just get some gorilla glue and glue a few dowel rods a few inches apart on your ramp even my teeny banty chicks can do it. i put my young chicks in the big brooder when i have my older ones outside in their tent

4. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    We added some steps right before we put them in. But they just look at the ramp like its not there..lol Ill go out at dark and the older girls are in the coop on roost and the bantams are curled up on the rin floor like a ball of kittens... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by