1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

bantams

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Orpingtonlover, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Orpingtonlover

Orpingtonlover Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2007
    I was just wondering if bantams lay less then bigger breeds i have some full grown hens laying everyday but my bantam has only laid one is 4 days is that normal?

2. johnny_smith09

johnny_smith09 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2007
    Norfork, AR
    well bantams should lay just the same as them but just smaller eggs. it could be another problem such as stress.. i dk... usually if they start laying at first they lay one every 4 days. do you say that they are full grown and just started or have they just all of sudden started laying like that?

3. Orpingtonlover

Orpingtonlover Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2007
    well the thing is i bought them one week ago at a Auction and this is the second egg that has been laid in a week is it maybe because there not completely comfortable yet or?

4. johnny_smith09

johnny_smith09 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2007
    Norfork, AR
    yeah that could be it--it is just getting used to your flock-- you gotta remember that the roosters may be trying to get with it (if you know what i mean) :eek: and she just isnt really comfortable. just give her a little while and see what happens.

5. ChickenMommy

ChickenMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    North East Texas
    Orpingtonlover-
    I got your email and I emailed you back [​IMG]

6. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    I have 5 bantam hens and get from 3 to 5 eggs daily from them. And they are quite delicious!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by