Bantams

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WildBillHicks, Sep 13, 2011.

1. WildBillHicks

WildBillHicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Durham, North Carolina
    I got two new bantam hens. So small. Don't know what breed they are. Don't really care. They are so cute.

[​IMG] <<<< CLICK FOR VIDEO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  2. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

They look like crosses! The black and white one the neck looks like my bantam cross.

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, they are cute! Thanks for sharing the pics!

4. WildBillHicks

Jul 25, 2011
    Durham, North Carolina
    I just can't get over how little they are. I have never seen one until today. They are feisty too. Because they are new they have been picked on a little but they don't always run away, sometimes they stand up and fight (just a little).

5. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Quote:The VERY SAME THING WITH MINE! Fiesty, tiny, mixes.

6. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Last year we bought a OEGB game roo and two hens. Well, the folks decided to turn them into the big chickens pen. One of the big roos started picking on the OEGB roo, who ran like lightning between the big roo's legs and jumped onto the big roo's back, holding on with his beak, clawing with his feet, and beating with his wings. Once the big roo got away, he stayed away! These guys may be little, but they have big hearts!

Edited for clarity.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  7. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

8. WildBillHicks

Jul 25, 2011
    Durham, North Carolina
  9. LovinChicknFarmn

LovinChicknFarmn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    North Carolina
    We had a broody hen so we got some eggs. They happened to be Japanese-Old English Game bantams. They are super cute and tiny. I compare them to little road runners. I recently started a blog and there's a post called "Growing Chicks" if you want to see bantam chicks. You've not seen tiny until you've seen a just hatched bantam baby!

Yours are cuties too!

10. GardenState38

GardenState38 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    I am raising my first-ever chickens and I had ordered one bantam, an EE, so that I could have little green/blue eggs.
    I wasn't expecting that it would turn out to be my favorite pullet of the whole bunch!

My little Clementina is not afraid of anything (least of all me) and is always the first to investigate, beg for mealworms, and fly out of the brooder to see what I might have for her!
    The cutest thing is when she puffs out her chest and stands up to the big girls!
    And she's so small, she can duck down and run underneath the crowd to get at what she wants (like a dish of yogurt.)
    Makes me wish I'd gotten all bantams!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by