Bantie Chick With Bat Wings

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mommy 2 Wee Ones, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Mommy 2 Wee Ones

Mommy 2 Wee Ones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    North Texas
    Went to the local feed store on Feb 2nd & got 9 day old chicks, lost two the following day.
    3 New Hampshire Reds, 2 Black Aust & 2 Banties (straight run), one Bantie has a chipmunk face & spotted back, very cute. The other Bantie is black with a cream chest, has feathered feet, this last week, it started getting bat wings, and are curling up & out. Here are it's pictures.

Do I have a Frizzle or a Sizzle or something else entirely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. redheadmama13

redheadmama13 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2011
    Florida
    I don't know what breed the chick is, but it definately has the frizzle gene. Very cute as they grow. [​IMG]

3. ontimeborzoi

ontimeborzoi Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Northern Neck of Va
    Frizzle.

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    frizzle

5. wildriverswolf90

wildriverswolf90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    I'd say black cochin frizzle, it looks just like mine!

6. Mommy 2 Wee Ones

May 19, 2011
    North Texas
    Thanks everyone, wish the other little chick would have survived, but, I do have this one. Can't wait to see how it develops![​IMG]
    Now to hope that it is a girl. [​IMG]
    They spent the afternoon in their future run with the silkie boys, who were very nice to them.

7. PtldChick

PtldChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    How old is the chick in the pictures - definitely has a lot of comb going on. The boys of large breeds (cochin is a large breed even though it's a banty) tend to feather in more slowly than the girls. If those pics are now, he's feathering in slowly...then again, frizzles tend to do that. I noticed today that my 6.5 mo frizzle pullet still has some feathers growing in on her neck and back.

I got two black frizzle cochins in my ideal assortment last year, both were boys. I got a lot of boys in that one... no more ordering straight run when its hot...[​IMG]

8. ProudNewChickenMommy86

ProudNewChickenMommy86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    I'D CALL IT A BACHICKEN LOL VERY CUTE! IT DEF LOOKS LIKE A COCKEREL THOUGH.

9. I would say Cochin Frizzle cockerel but it's a bit young to tell the gender.

10. Mommy 2 Wee Ones

May 19, 2011
    North Texas
    PtldChick = Tomorrow the chick will be 3 weeks old. When I look at my New Hampshire pullets (same age), they have their combs showing the same as Little Batty. I have three roos already, still trying to rehome my Silkie Partridge roo (he needs his own flock of hens). Since he started to crow, my other silkie roo has stopped crowing, and the other is 2 months older than the Partridge. Kind of hard to see in this pict. but their comes look the same size.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by