Banties--brahma?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mrs. Mucket, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Mrs. Mucket

Mrs. Mucket Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Are these two bantyroos light brahmas? I thought I brought home cochins but... what do you experienced folks say? They are about 10 weeks old. One is mostly hidden behind a Leghorn, but the two roos are very similar--almost twins but not quite.

[​IMG]

Thank you [​IMG]

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Hard to tell, can you get better pictures? Brahmas and Cochins both have feathered legs. And I am not a pro at breeds, I'm learning too! [​IMG]

3. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Are their legs feathered, hard to tell, both cochins and brahmas have feathered legs. Good luck. My banty Light Brahmas look just like LF only smaller but they are a yr. old.

4. Mrs. Mucket

May 3, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Yes they have feathered legs. I know the pic is not too clear--I'll have to take some more.
    Which breeds do have feathered legs?

5. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    I don't see any birds in that pic that resemble Brahmas. Brahmas, Booted Bantams, D'Uccles, Sultans, Cochins, Langshans, and Silkies are all featherlegged (there may be others that I'm forgetting). Brahmas have pea combs whereas Cochins have single combs.

6. Mrs. Mucket

May 3, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Well they definitely have single combs, so maybe they are cochins after all. I'll still try for some closer pics.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by