Bantums, about 2 1/2 weeks old

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jtbrown, Apr 15, 2011.

1. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Can anyone help me? I am completely new to this. I have been looking at all these pics, my head is swimming. I tried to take good pics, would love any input, bantum breed? sex? My camera isn't that great, so the up close on the face is harder.

[​IMG]
    another view of same
    [​IMG]

and 3 more
    [​IMG]
    another view of same
    [​IMG]

and finally
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your help. I cannot believe how addicting this web site is. My husband is laughing his hind end off at me, taking pictures of chicks at 10 oclock at night, on top of the washer on a rug none the less.

2. floridamama

floridamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2009
    Polk City
    just a thought I'm still trying to figure out all the different breeds of bantams [​IMG] but IMO looks like you might have 2 golden sebrights, d'uccle 3 old english game birds (not to sure what color they are actually called) have no clue on the 2 light ones thou sorry

3. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Welcome to BYC ! [​IMG]. The first pic on the far right looks like it might be a buff brahma, and maybe on the last pic white leghorns

4. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    The first batch looks like 2 Sebrights and a D'Uccle (mille fleur). The next batch looks like OEGBs or Dutch (but there are a lot of breeds that have that kind of coloration as chicks). And the last batch look like they have kind of shorter legs so I'm guessing Japanese.

5. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    Where did you get them?

6. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I got them at TSC. I have this picture in my head of a diverse flock that were all different color/shape size of birds. I called and mt healthy was the hatchery source. I really am new at this but I wondered about Japanese for the white ones after looking through tons of breed pics. They are the most delicate birds, not flighty, just very delicate is the only way I can think of to describe them. Thanks for input.

7. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

BANTAMWYANDOTTE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    Quote:X 2

8. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Quote:X 2

x3 but I will add they chipmunk ones are definitely OEGB b/c Dutch would have gray legs.

9. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    sorry double post. my internet is acting up.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by