Banty Beat Down!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by neuchicontheblock, Dec 2, 2009.

1. neuchicontheblock

neuchicontheblock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    I let the banties out for the first time with the big Americaunas. 3 Americauna roosters and 3 banty roosters, with the biggest banty being Sarge. Sarge knocked Whitey, the primo Americauna, on his butt not once but 3 times. OK SARGE!!!! (Whitey has always been a bit of a bully, but harmless). Then the other banty roo's tagged teamed with him and kept an eye on the girls at the same time! IT WAS GREAT! Sarge got some Thanksgiving turnips and high fives, and everyone got clean coops.

This is what happens when you're unemployed. [​IMG]

2. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    LOL, or when you're just a house wife like me! I sit out there and scare off the neighbor Banty rooster since mine is a sissy and won't do it. One of the game hens helps me. She is also the "squirrel patrol".

I know so much about my chickens now it's rediculous, from spending so much time with them. I know who lays when and where. I know the voice of each one. I harrass Chipmunk trying to convince her it's ok to be a pet. (she doesn't believe me)

I converse with Prissy when she flies into my lap. I cuddle the rooster when he flies onto the back of my chair and attempts to crow in my ear.

I spend so much time out there, rooster wing dances ME!

3. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    they are great entertainment, great Company....

Morning Coffee would not be the same without them! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by