1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

banty cochin chick or not?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chasehope, Apr 18, 2007.

1. chasehope

chasehope Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    I have a chick that was sold to me as a mottled banty cochin, but it has really long legs and a slimmer body than the other chicks. If someone could tell me if in fact it is a cochin or something else that would be great, I would also like some oppinions on wether its a pullet or a cockeral?

My next problem is that I have pictures of him/her on my computer but have no idea how to post them, so could someone fill me in on how to do that?

Thanks

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

you can go to photobucket.....and download them there, from your computer....very easy to use. Would love to see them.

3. chasehope

Mar 2, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    I will do that right now. Thanks

4. chasehope

Mar 2, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    Here are pictures of my chick in question, it is approximately 3 weeks old. Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this worked.

5. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

It very well could be a Cochin, with the feathered legs.

6. chasehope

Mar 2, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    its just got such a skinny body and long legs compared to the others, which is why I question it. its a pretty bird none the less.

7. kalisgirl

kalisgirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2007
    Winston Salem,NC
    Here are my new Mottled cochins at 4 days old. They sure look a lot like yours.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by