Banty Cochin Coop on Old Garden Cart!! **New Pics**

Msbear

Fancy Banties
11 Years
May 8, 2008
Sharpsburg, MD.
We started this coop for our Bantam Cochin Trio. I'm so happy it's almost done! I can get them out of the dog crate with the tarp on top and a make shift run. (by the way that's how we do it in WV!) hahahha

We just need a roof. There's an old barn being torn down and my hubby's calling the guy today so we should have roofage soon! The barn board siding was reclaimed from another site and the 2x4's have been in the garage for eons so this is a cost effective coop!

The old windows are from the neighbors house when they upgraded. They're held in by bent nails and backed with hardware cloth so they can come out while the weather is good. I'll post an update when we're done!!

Happy viewing. -Surprisingly this thing is easy to push. These heavy duty garden carts are rated for like 1,ooolbs. so the weight doesn't hinder it too much

100_1498.jpg

even has a balcony:)
100_1477.jpg

100_1475.jpg

That is adorable! And so practical, too! You certainly have the best of both worlds there. I can tell you that our chickens love looking out of the windows in their coop when the weather is bad or the pop hole door hasn't opened up, yet. Your chickens are going to love that!

That is so cute. I'd love to find something like that around here. I'll have to start checking freecycle and craigslist more often for wood and stuff that I can use to make coops and runs.

Back
Top Bottom