1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Banty Cochins Just Arrived! (Pics added)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by silkieluvr, Mar 27, 2008.

1. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    After some serious begging by Madison (Kanchii), Tome Roebuck of Golden Globe Cochins agreed to sell us a trio and they just arrived today! They are insanelyy gorgeous and pictures will be up as soon as we can get them! The roo is black and absolutely perfect, and we also got one blue and one splash pullet! Both of which are amazing! One of them even layed us an egg in the shipping box [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm about to go over to silkieluvr's to take pictures. [​IMG] I swear I'm not ditching my class to do this. Me? Never....

Anyway, here are the pictures that he sent us of them, he said I could use these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The blue's tail was plucked out but it will grow back very nicely once she molts.
    [​IMG]

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    They are beautiful!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're sooooooooooo lucky silkieluvr. They are bueatiful.

5. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Gorgeous!!!

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    they are gorgeous!!!!

7. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks guys! [​IMG] I LOVE them! We decided to give the cochins all star wars themed names (I've been watching all the movies a bit too much lately) So the black rooster is now Darth Vader, the splash pullet is Princess Leia, and the blue pullet is Padme!
    And here are the promised new pictures! I kind of cut all of the blue girls butt out of them because her tail's been plucked out. She wasn't happy to have her picture taken either, and the pics dont show her true, nice color.

Group shot!
    [​IMG]
    Padme!
    [​IMG]
    Princess Leia!
    [​IMG]
    Darth Vader!
    [​IMG]

8. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    They're lovely!

9. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Now those are some awesome looking Cochins.

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    those are some really really nice cochins! you got some seriouse feeding going on there in that group picture [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by