banty hen with yucky gross looking legs and feet?!!

augiedranch

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
i was givin a banty hen from my nieghbor. the hen was kinda skinny, but i also noticed that the legs are disgusing looking.. they look like prehistoric legs.. white color, wrinkly, scaley,, i dont know how to explain it... what is it??

can i do something to fix it? and can my others get it? i dont want my other ones getting this weird ugly leg looking thing

thanks

thanks guys

should i seperate her? and someone told me to put petrolium jelly on her legs.. umm does that work? any sort of pesticides i can put on her legs? thanks..

this is kinda gross,,, sorry about the colorful details lol,, i just thought i had a really healthy.. herd.. lol

thanks

seperate if you can. I would wash her legs with a toothbrush every other day....if you have peppermint soap use that. At the grocery store Castile Peppermuint bar soap is maybe $1.50. Then rub Vicks vapo rub all over her legs and feet, or petroleum jelly, or coconut oil,,,,,,,,

The mint stuff is better because of being a natural insecticide but any oil will do to smother the mothers

do this every other day for a long time,,,,,, hm not sure how long?! At least weeks,,,,till they clear up

wouldn't hurt to dust her for mites..
or use Ivomec (see below)

feed her up..give her some extra protein..cooked eggs. for example..and a little plain yogurt.

vitamins..(poultry vitamins if you have them)..if not Poly-vi-sol liquid baby vitamins (Enfamil brand, no iron)..2-3 drops once a day on the beak..for a week or so, then taper off..

she's probably wormy too..
Wazine 17 gets rid of adult round worms..

Ivomec/Eprinex (ivermectin)..gets rid of several different kinds of worms and de-bugs too..
a good treatment for Scaley Leg..

Bag Balm on the legs works well too..

info about Ivomec:

http://shilala.homestead.com/ivomec.html

Back
Top Bottom