Banty roo and a Standard roo...Will they get along?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Attack Chicken, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have a Standard white leghorn roo that is 1 year old about. I currently have a bantam black wyandotte roo that is about 3 weeks old. If I introduce the bantam roo in when he's about 2-3 months old will the standard and bantam roo get along? or will there just be chaos :\\ I really like this little roo, but my leghorn roo comes first.

2. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    my standard leghorn and neighbor's OEGB get along. theyre buddies in fact. it's cute the OEGB looks like a mini leghorn!

honestly it depends on the birds. they should get along, but if its a completely new roo your adding you might want to keep him in a kennel or cage inside the coop for a day or two. with food & water of course. i think everything will be just fine [​IMG]

3. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Most likely will be fine, but anything can change. Depends on their personalities........Pop

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I have a bantam Golden Sebright and a standard EE roo. Sadly, they don't get along at all. BUT..... this Sebright is the nastiest, meanest and downright rottenest roo ever! [​IMG]

5. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks everyone! My leghorn roo is really a sweety, So I'm hoping they get along just fine.

6. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I have 2 full size roosters (mixed), in with 2 bantam roosters (Golden sebright, and something else), and have never had a problem. They also grew up with the rooster though, so its a little different..
    It depends on the bird, but give it a try and see how things go!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by