Banty Roo Instigates Fights with Broody Hen - Why??

cluckingheck

i wanna be a cowboy, baby ( HELL YEAH )
Jun 15, 2020
TyCo, West Virginia
So, yeah, Tater Tot isn’t going after the chicks; he’s going after the momma hen, Nelly. Yes, she fights back. Why is he doing this, exactly? I know broodies kind of get bullied but I figured it was only by the other hens and roosters ignore them altogether. However, it seems like Tater has a stuck up his butt about it….I even got the fight on a security camera pointed at the coop.

mind the mess….run is still a work in progress

So, yeah, Tater Tot isn’t going after the chicks; he’s going after the momma hen, Nelly. Yes, she fights back. Why is he doing this, exactly? I know broodies kind of get bullied but I figured it was only by the other hens and roosters ignore them altogether. However, it seems like Tater has a stuck up his butt about it….I even got the fight on a security camera pointed at the coop.

mind the mess….run is still a work in progress
Did you remove the broody from the coop for any length of time ? If so , You may want to put the broody Nelly and her chicks in a see no touch area until the broody isn't a " new" chicken in the coop . They may see her as a stranger

Did you remove the broody from the coop for any length of time ? If so , You may want to put the broody Nelly and her chicks in a see no touch area until the broody isn't a " new" chicken in the coop . They may see her as a stranger
Nah, she had her own little section in the coop while she sat. They saw her the entire time so it’s really weird why he’s picking a fight with her

Back
Top Bottom