1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

banty sneeze? first sounded like bark and now hiccup

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by eggboy, Mar 17, 2012.

1. eggboy

eggboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    CA
    I have a two year old japanese banty. the sister of the one in my avitar. she has always seemed to sneeze more than my other chickens but for the past few days to a week the sneezes have become more frequent and sound like a dog bark. It has gotten dramaticaly warmer than it used to be in the past few weeks I don't know if that may correlate. Then tonight I went to lock up my chickens and my banty was barking and then hiccuping after and looked like she was about to choke or was having a hard time breathing. please help!

2. eggboy

Jan 23, 2010
    CA
    I forgot to mention that none of my other five chickens seem to have this symptom. This morning when i let my chickens out of the coop my banty seemed okay. i don't know the sneezing will come back but i expect it will. also I don't know if it is related or not but she hasn't been laying eggs lately.

3. eggboy

Jan 23, 2010
    CA
    She seems to be doing okay now. Thanks for your helpful replies [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I don't think anyone had an answer for you.... It was quite strange...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by