bantyman (mike) grandchickies Salmon Faverolles New Pics Pg 4

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Quail_Antwerp, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    OK, so I am not sure if I have 4 roos yet or pairs, but here are the standard and bantam Salmon Faverolles I hatched out of eggs from bantyman.

The first picture is the two standard chicks. They were not being too cooperative as I interrupted breakfast for these pictures, and the one in front left me a big pile as payback LOL I think I have a pair.
    [​IMG]

These are the bantams, and my heart! (oh I know, I love them all, but these two are sooooooooooooooooooooo sweet!) But I think they are both roos. Hoping either bantyman can tell me for sure, or I'll know for sure when more feathers come in.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  2. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

I may be wrong, but I think your 2 banties are hens...they're primarily salmon on their wings, correct? I have a little roo I hatched from bantyman, and at only 1 week he had his black feathers coming in on his wings. The roos have black on their wings and the hens have salmon...at least that's what I've read. Good luck! Adorable babies! My little guy is the sweetest little chick I've ever had. I'm on a manhunt to find more eggs to get him some girls.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  3. bantyman

bantyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    Hey Aly [​IMG]
    Looks like the one in your hand is a hen Cant tell much about the other one other than its still asleep Cant really tell much about the standards Might just have to wait till they get more feathers The bantams are the sweetest things you will ever come across The standards are also but more like baby huey I got the standards because of the bantams

Mike [​IMG]

4. bantyman

bantyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    Hey Shelley [​IMG]
    Check with me this Spring

5. shelleyb1969

Quote:I definitely will, Mike. Thank you so much! As you told me, I just LOVE this bantam guy. He's the cutest little thing. And still half the size of my blue bantam cochin chicks of the same age! I hope he stays teeny tiny...are they smaller than the average bantam?

6. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    If that's the case, I may have 4 hens all the way around, because these are two and a half weeks old and all of them have primarily salmon colored feathers right now. Well, one standard has some grey-ish (that a word?) black feathers.

I will try to get some wing pictures later, spread the wings out so you can see the feathers.

I don't care what they are, I just love them!

Aly, who doesn't care if they are all roos/hens as long as they are salmon faverolles because I've been wanting them forever LOL

I know I am on the list with bantyman to get more eggs come spring!

7. shelleyb1969

I forget where I read about the wing coloring in the favorelles. But that's supposed to be the first indicator of gender with them...according to that literature.

8. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Mike told me the same thing, guess he would know right? LOL

9. junebug7334

junebug7334 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    the wings can be an indication! They are the sweetest things. I just love mine.

10. shelleyb1969

The favorelles "sweetness" IMO is just different than other chicks. All of my chicks, regardless of breed, are handled daily and are sweet and tame, coming right up when they see me and wanting attention, never sitting still for long. But my favo chick comes up, climbs into my hand, and lies down to go to sleep. He actually cuddles into my fingers! They're one of the greatest breeds I've had...I just love them! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by