1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Barbie took a tumble!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by IcedMochaChick, Nov 17, 2008.

1. IcedMochaChick

IcedMochaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    I built a run for our two hens today. Not a great run, just something to make do until I finish a nicer one. We have an easter egger and a tiny white silkie we got from Rebecca at KLS Poultry. I was so excited to see the girls come out of the little red pop door I made for them! First Lupe, the EE, had to be shown the way out. She was a little freaked out, but did pretty well maneuvering the pop door and ramp. Then, I put Barbie (teeny white puff ball) in the doorway so she could see how to get out. She kinda stood there, looking around, unsure of what to do next. I gave her the slightest little nudge to get her going in the right direction. BAD IDEA! All I saw was a fluffy "snowball" rolling end over end down the chicken ramp! Poor Barbie! I ran around to the front to see if she was ok. She was, but boy, she was mad! She was bak-bak-bwacking for a minute like, "what just happened to me?" Luckily, she quickly forgot about it. Both hens were happily scratching around in no time. Barbie forgave me later, coming over to sit on my lap and get some petting. I think I may have to help poor Barbie get the hang of the chicken ramp [​IMG]

2. CHICKEN little 1

CHICKEN little 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    W.V.
    That's funny! Barbie?[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  3. Leah-yes I know I'm crazy

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Skidway Lake, MI
    My silkie doesn't do ramps. Not up...not down. Had to modify the coop when she came because she was either never coming out of the coop, or if I put her out she could not get back in. I guess I never thought of doing the slinky thing with her. lol

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Barbie??? That is about the funniest silkie name I have ever heard.

5. IcedMochaChick

IcedMochaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    The name fits her to a tee! She's so tiny and fluffy, she looks like a toy [​IMG] Eventhough she's half of Lupe's size, she KNOWS she's the boss! She's kinda a little diva....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by