Bare-butt baby...

cropadoodledo

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
My bantams were attacked. They are in a coop and don't come out due to our dog and the hawks. One hen is completely gone, except for the wings. The wings look like they were just ripped right off the body, and left on the floor of the house. There are feathers all over the house and coop area, but not a one outside of the fence. One of the other hens has all of her tailfeathers missing. Our coop was completely inclosed until a tree fell on it, so there are holes in the fencing now. None where something could walk straight into it. Whatever it is had to pick it's way through the tree limb and go through the wire and then back out through the wire. I read somewhere that cats would do this sort of killing. We don't have cats or neighbors, just wondering if a bobcat would fall under "cats" and if so, would it kill in the same way. Thanks for any comments!

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to BYC from California!!
yippiechickie.gif

So Sorry that your first post has to be so sad!!

If there are any holes into your run, it could be a number of predators. Many smallish animals would be happy to get a chicken for dinner. Raccoons, weasels, possums, foxes. Hungary predators will take any opportunity that they can!!!

Sorry for your loss.

Cindy

Thanks Cindy! So far nothing in the trap! My DH fixed many of the holes last evening, so we'll see if anything turns up...

Back
Top Bottom