1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

bareback chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by the1moe, Jan 4, 2009.

1. the1moe

the1moe Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2008
    I have 50 chicks of sorts... however I have one that seems to be an underdog... it will come out of the coop but all the other chickens soon put it in its place ( in the coop)... while all others are eating the grass picikins and home crud.. this guy has to sit in the shed... kinda like the redheaded stepchild... quite brutal... he/she seems to be doing OK... just that her/his back is a bit bare... anyone seen this before? Everyone (chickens) else is OK, just this poor critter...//thanks././//Moe

P.S. approx 6-7 weeks old..

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  2. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    sounds like a roo may be trying to have his way with her, or maybe just the picking order, had one like that and had to move her to other pin so she could grow up some. just a thought, how old is she? and ant roo's?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by