Bargain!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by marlene, Aug 25, 2016.

1. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    I got myself a cracking bargain today. I saw an add on Gumtree (UK selling site) for a brooder kit, which included drinker, feeder, brooding light, candling lamp amongst other few bits. So I went and bought it as I thought it would be useful for hatching next spring. The person was selling for a friend's wife as the husband had been put into a home recently, and the wife was trying to clear the house. Apparently the husband was a impulsive buyer and harder.
    So, this brooder kit comes in a big plastic container, and had never been used or even opened. Well imagine my surprise when I get it home, start unpacking it all and find a brinsea mini advance brand new in its box.There must be over £200 pounds worth of items and I paid a total of £20 English pounds for it. What a bargain.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Oh wow you lucky duck! That sure is a fabulous bargain and what a fab surprise for you when opening box :highfive:

Sound like it was one of those starter packs you can buy with everything in to get to you started with incubating and hatching :D

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Gosh, thats a Brucey Bonus if ever i heard one!

Good for you [​IMG]

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    :yuckyuck

5. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    I was delighted with my little find. Problem now is that I am tempted to fire it up and do a little hatch. Been on eBay already checking out hatching eggs.

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    And thats a "problem"? Do it, i say (but get your eggs as local as possible as shipped eggs don't necessarily have the greatest hatch rate).

7. DancingWthDucks

DancingWthDucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2016
    Cumbria, UK
    Wow what a great find! That is a very good bargain, and I'm not surprised that you have the hatching bug already.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Of course you have to incubate eggs, that was the strongest omen you get and at a bargain price. Feel badly for the husband though, maybe he really hoped to raise chickens and his health or ?? wouldn't allow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by