Bargin Bin Mystery Chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by neishalee, Apr 8, 2012.

1. neishalee

neishalee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2012
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Any idea on these two would be a big help. I picked up four chicks that looked interesting out of the straight run bin at Big R and have figured out two of them but the other two are stumping me. I had thought they might be Welsummers but I don't think the coloring is right. I bought them 10 days ago so they are about two weeks old. Any thoughts on gender would be helpful as well.

Chick 1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is just in there to show how different they all are. I'm sure the one in the middle is a Welsummer.

[​IMG]

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

well chick ones an EE (easter egger) 2nd... could be an ee also.... not sure on the 2nd tho

3. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I believe the first one to be an EE with that beard and muffs and coloring. The other I don't know. Maybe speckled sussex?

4. neishalee

Apr 8, 2012
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Yep, chick 1 is an EE. If my coop wasn't maxed out I'd head back and see if they have more. This is our first year with chickens and chicken math is already getting us. We haven't even finished the coop and are already planning expansion.

Chick 2 is still stumping me.

5. neishalee

Apr 8, 2012
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I forgot to mention that the second chick is a lot smaller than the others I bought at the same time but seems to be developing at the same pace.

6. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

2nd could be a wyndotte...Does it have a rose comb???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by