Bark scorpion sting I think

tlpounds

Chirping
10 Years
Jul 6, 2012
My favorite sweet cochin is very sick. It looked like she had the stinger of a scorpion hanging out of her beak (we've recently found several bark scorpions in our house). I found a thread on here that said children's benedryl and aspirin. Anything else that anyone's found to help. I'm just sick over this. I was able to give her a little water but she really can't hold her head up for long. Any help would be so much appreciated.
hit.gif

Sorry that she is going through this. I had to look up this scorpion. It sounds like she could experience severe pain and possibly paralysis for up to 72 hours after the sting. Hopefully it won't affect her breathing. Aspirin is about the only safe pain med, since Tylenol and ibuprofen are not good for chickens. Just make sure she is isolated and comfortable. Give her some scrambled egg and goodies to eat, but watch to see that her crop is working. I wish I knew more of what to do, but this is a new one. Good luck, and I hope she makes it.

Sorry that she is going through this. I had to look up this scorpion. It sounds like she could experience severe pain and possibly paralysis for up to 72 hours after the sting. Hopefully it won't affect her breathing. Aspirin is about the only safe pain med, since Tylenol and ibuprofen are not good for chickens. Just make sure she is isolated and comfortable. Give her some scrambled egg and goodies to eat, but watch to see that her crop is working. I wish I knew more of what to do, but this is a new one. Good luck, and I hope she makes it.

How do you tell if the crop is working? She's in the house with me and is resting. Her neck is paralyzed right now but I've been giving her water. So sad to see her like this. She laid an egg this morning and I've got it set aside in case I need to incubate it to keep a part of her.

Platinum made it through the night but is just sleeping and can't hold her neck up for long (I think it's paralyzed still from the sting). I'm giving her water to keep her hydrated. I noticed her vent opening and closing non-stop. Is this from her trying to expel the poisons? Any clue???
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom