Barnevelder boy or girl?

JustAileen

Songster
6 Years
Mar 16, 2014
While I realize that three and half weeks old is too young for most chicks to tell, I've been seeing posts about how Barnevelder's have different markings for male and female sometimes. I was hoping the experts might be able to weigh in on this. Here's my little baby Barnevelder. I love it to pieces, and I'm really hoping it's a girl. The wings seem long, but it is taking much longer to develop than the two Olive Eggers who are in the coop with it. I hear that this is a Barnevelder trait, though. It does have a white chest, and no pinking up on the comb just yet, although there is a small comb. It's coop mate already has a significant comb, and they were born on the same day. I do realize though, that they are different breeds and so that plays a factor. Any clue?
Comb:

Wing feathers:

Pretty baby

The only reason I'm even attempting to figure this out is because I read a thread here that said female barnevelder babies have longer, pointier wings at this age, and I'm hoping hoping hoping that might be true in this case. ;)

Back
Top Bottom