Barnevelder Chicks- N. California

tls_ranch

Stares at Chickens
10 Years
May 6, 2009
Northern California
My Coop
My Coop
Day-old Barnevelder chicks from C. Ledford and Julie Gabbard lines. Just hatching today and sold as straight run. $7.50 each Local Pick up only.

30473_chicks_010.jpg

30473_chicks_013.jpg

30473_chicks_015.jpg

There are two EE cross chicks in the pictures, you can see they have puffy cheeks and don't have stripes on their backs.

Last edited:

Tsagirl

Songster
12 Years
Dec 9, 2007
Springfield,OR
Would you possibly be able to hold them until mid-march because I am driving down to Monterey and on my way back could pick a couple up? Just let me know if this might be possible?

Thanks loads!!

Tsa
cool.png

har

Songster
11 Years
Jan 12, 2009
Rogers,Ar
Quote:
You have very beautiful birds and a beautiful place. Wish I was closer How many eggs a year do you think your Barnevelder's lay.
I'm thinking about getting some.

tls_ranch

Stares at Chickens
10 Years
May 6, 2009
Northern California
My Coop
My Coop
Thank you. My girls started laying in November of last year giving me about an egg every other day. They also were laying all through the winter with no lights, but we live in N. California with milder weather. I'll have too wait and see how they take the hot weather. They won't lay as well as egg production breeds, but for me they give me plenty of eggs.

I love the fact that the hens are so beautiful, have nice personalities and yet still lay nice warm brown eggs. Eye Candy with benefits.
smile.png

Top Bottom