1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

barnevelder hen has a lump HELP PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by rotzilla, Oct 14, 2007.

1. rotzilla

rotzilla Out Of The Brooder

my daughter noticed the feathers on the side of one of my girls necks all buldged out. so when i got to her her head looks like it cocks to the right. i spread her feathers out and there was a lump that looks like a pimple on her neck. it was very hard almost bone like. im posting some bad pics with it i hope they help. any help would be appriecated[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  2. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    it could be any number of things but I strongly urge you to consult with a vet on this one.

3. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    The images didn't come in too clear but I really don't know much so do consult someone who does. However, I read a posting here once on a hen that had a bump and they found out it was an ingrown feather. Really gross too. Could that be something it looks like?

4. GloriaH

GloriaH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Watertown, Tennessee
    What about trying warm compresses to try to bring it to a head.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by