Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sherpagirl, Mar 23, 2009.

1. sherpagirl

sherpagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

I am just hatching out on this site, I'm not even sure that I'll be able to figure out how to use it! I live in Central NY, near Syracuse, and am planning to start a Barnevelder flock this year.
    It seems that the only way to do this is to buy eggs and hatch them. I am planning to buy an incubator to do this and am wondering if there is anyone out there who would like to buy some Barnevelder chicks if I hatch out more than I need. I only want about 12 and the incubator holds 42 eggs. I am a complete beginner, so, I don't think I would be comfortable shipping the chicks, I'd like to find someone close by that could come and pick them up or I could meet them halfway. Anyone interested?
  2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan

Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

Why not browse the Buy, Sell, Trade area of the forum and see if anyone has any for sale near you?
  3. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    [COLOR=770077]From [/COLOR][COLOR=aa00aa]Old[/COLOR] [COLOR=cc00cc]Town,[/COLOR] [COLOR=ee00ee]Maine[/COLOR]
  4. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] from NC
  5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN
  6. Faverolle

Faverolle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Quote:Welcome to the forum!
    Barnevelders are one of my favorites and I would probably be interested if you have extra.
  7. Poultra

Poultra Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2008
    If you get your eggs from some where other than Peace of Thyme farm, then I would be interested in a few extras you may have. I have some of her eggs in the incubator right now. And I'm in the Finger Lakes region so I could drive over and pick them up.

Happy hatching!
  8. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from arizona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from NJ
  10. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

[​IMG] from VA!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by