Barnyard Mix Roosters Pacific NW

~*Sweet Cheeks*~

Songster
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
Medford, Oregon
Barnyard Mixed roosters for sale - $5.00 each (buy 3 get 1 free).

Brown Leghorn dads with various mothers to include EE's, brown leghorns, RIR's.

Also have silkies - buff silkie dad and black silkie mom and black cochin mom.

I let broodies raise chicks this summer and half ended up being roosters. All roosters were handled by me since birth - they are very nice roos to people. I still pick them up and pet them (not all like it but they let me).

PICK UP ONLY
24846_farm_pics_dec_31_2010_014.jpg

Full Light Brown Leghorn
24846_farm_pics_dec_31_2010_015.jpg

EE Mom - Brown Leghorn Dad
24846_farm_pics_dec_31_2010_013.jpg

Brown Leghorn Dad - RIR Mom
24846_farm_pics_dec_31_2010_016.jpg

Buff Silkie Dad - Black Cochin Mom

Last edited:
It came out of the egg layed by my black cochin hen that is in my dog house turned chicken tractor with a buff silkie roo.

I selected the 4 eggs that I put under each of the broodies to hatch. I selected the cochin and the silkie eggs to see what they would look like.

He has the straight comb from his mom. Hatched by the same broody is a roo that came from an egg layed by the black silkie that is in the same tractor and that roo has the silkie comb.

I also have 2 roos that were layed by the black cochin fathered by the buff roo that have the feathers of the cochin that are partially colored buff that have the cochin red comb and wattles.

I also placed the EE crossed with brown leghorn dad eggs hoping for more blue green eggs. I was so happy to discover the hen is laying a really pretty turquoise colored egg despite not having the slate colored EE legs.

Here is one of the black cochin mom/buff silkie roo's offspring that has the cochin feathers with buff coloring and cochin red comb and wattles.
24846_farm_pics_dec_31_2010_017.jpg

Back
Top Bottom