Barometric pressure causing mayhem?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BeardedChick, Dec 9, 2008.

1. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Anyone else having temperature instability with the storms & changing barometric pressure?

I kept track of my temperature settings, and have had to keep turning the temperature on my thermostat up to keep the wiggler at the right temperature. My t-stat is a digital, so I know exactly what it's set at. It was driving me NUTS. Then I looked at the barometric pressure, and it's been dropping every day since I set the eggs. The day that had the biggest barometric change was the day that the wiggler was suddenly off by a larger amount than normal.

Very annoying, whatever it is!!

2. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    I have been messing with mine all day today...First it's too low so I move it a hair then it shoots up too high so have to turn it back down a hair and the humidity levels are awful, they keep dropping in the incubator and the hatcher wouldn't go above 55...This is with all channels full to the top and 3 soaked sponges around the edges. Finally added a wet warm washcloth and it started climbing above 70 so opened the vents more... [​IMG] Gonna be a long night.

Hope you have a good night, Cindy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by