Barred button quail?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by WalkingNorth, Jan 26, 2013.

1. WalkingNorth

WalkingNorth Out Of The Brooder

I've never heard of this type of button before, but it's the only one I can spot with a similar pattern to this little chick of mine.

Here are some pics, from day one through to today, day 13! Little guy's name is Albert [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So barred yes or no?

2. MrNappy

MrNappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    Ajax, Ontario
    Let it mature, colours can still change and develop.

3. WalkingNorth

Thanks for the reply MrNappy! I'm so impatient to see how they feather out lol, I guess I'd better settle in for the wait [​IMG]

4. laseterlass

laseterlass Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    My hatch from James Marie last fall. All 5 of the cots were barred. I WAS upset as I had ordered Golden Manchurians. By 6 weeks the "camo" had turned Gold and they are beautiful.

5. WalkingNorth

Oh wow, have only seen photos of the golden pearl, that would be amazing!

6. laseterlass

laseterlass Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    [​IMG]
    James Marie Farms Golden Manchurian Cots. Some of those are bantie chicks.

[​IMG]
    One of those "camo" babies grew up into this sweet boy. Unfortunately in the mixed colony he is low man on the totem pole and is not getting any action. The hens like to hang out with him, but if he tries to get frisky his brother with a few spots on his back knocks him around :( His brother will be rehomed to a fellow in Homer Alaska in a few weeks.

7. WalkingNorth

Beautiful colors, I really feel lucky with this shipped batch of eggs. I've got a tux, this mystery guy, 3 wilds with different markings, and some kind of very dark wild type. I have two adult females waiting for them to mature, a white and a cinnamon. Can't wait to start hatching my own eggs :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by