1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Barred Holland

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by cherylvan27, Nov 16, 2015.

1. cherylvan27

cherylvan27 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2015
    Does anyone know where I could find show quality Barred hollands? Thank you. I'm located in Northwest Iowa but travel quite a bit.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    Where are you located? For show quality birds you are going to want to source your stock from a private breeder's flock that has birds with the look you are seeking. Knowing your location will better help us to recommend breeders that might be easiest for you to work with. As Barred Hollands are a less common breed you are going to be a little harder pressed to find the stock you seek. Attending poultry shows in your area can be a good way to start finding breeders with birds like you want.

3. mpeltzer

mpeltzer New Egg

Apr 18, 2015
    Please share when you find a hatchery for Barred Hollands. I'm interested in them too!
    Thanks!

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Ideal hatchery has barred Hollands, but they're not show quality. They make fine backyard birds though.

5. cherylvan27

cherylvan27 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2015
    I'm located in Iowa :)

6. alang

alang Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2015
    Mapleville RI
    I ordered hatching eggs from breeder in Ohio on ALBC and had great success- 6 of 8 hatched. Birds are exactly to standard and eggs are white!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by