1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Barred Hollands

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by TN Hillbilly, Apr 2, 2016.

1. TN Hillbilly

TN Hillbilly New Egg

Mar 31, 2016
    Does anyone know of any Barred holland chicks or birds especialy roosters as I am trying to establish a flock of these . I have three hens

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    They are a harder breed to come by - are you open to hatchery stock or looking for breeder stock?

3. TN Hillbilly

TN Hillbilly New Egg

Mar 31, 2016
    t this point anything

4. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    Ideal, sandhill preservation and I believe efowl have them. Sandhill does SR only but i have heard the overall quality of birds is better

5. TN Hillbilly

TN Hillbilly New Egg

Mar 31, 2016
    Tkx for the info ...efowl did not have any leads on the breed and S H needs a 25 chick purchase
    blessings

6. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    Are you on FB? There is actually a page on FB dedicated to Barred Hollands, which might be a good way to network and find folks that have the birds and are willing to sell in smaller quantities, and may even be fairly close to you....the page owner is in Louisiana and is also listed here http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/la-barred-holland.html

7. TN Hillbilly

TN Hillbilly New Egg

Mar 31, 2016
    Thx for the info
    Blessings

8. Engteacher

Engteacher Poultry, Poetry, and Prose

Sep 1, 2009
    Hastings, MN
    Duane Urch from Urch Turnlund Poultry in Owatonna MN has them on his list of breeds. Just so you know, he is an old man and has been a breeder since 1957. No website. Best contacted by phone. Info and number easy to find with a quick Google search. He has lovely birds and breeds to standard.

9. TN Hillbilly

TN Hillbilly New Egg

Mar 31, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by