Barred Plymouth Rock 12+ Eggs ~Stukel Lines~Ship Jan 23/ N. GA.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Jan 6, 2012.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

This auction is for a dozen eggs from top quality Barred Rock stock, Marvin Stukel lines. Will include any extras I may be able to collect. There is one splash Rock in with Rex and his girls, but I can usually tell her eggs from the rest. If not, there may be a blue barred surprise in there, unless you just want me to include hers on purpose as a bonus. These big pullets have been laying for many weeks, however the eggs are still in the medium range, just so you know. This group is about 39 weeks old and in prime condition.

Rex's sire came directly from Mr. Stukel in Arizona. [​IMG]

This may be the one and only time these are offered. Will not have this rooster after the end of January, plus other weeks' collections this month are already committed to friends.

Payment is by postal money order only! Eggs will be shipped on Monday January 23rd with Delivery Confirmation. When you win this auction, will supply address for you to send payment-payment must be made within seven days of winning the auction!

As you can see from some dates on the pics below, a couple were taken two months ago, some very recently, but you get the idea. The pullets are broad as barns and the barring is spectacular on them as well as Rex.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~I reserve the right to refuse sales to anyone if I feel the situation warrants it~

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Cynthia how could you! [​IMG] Ugh!!

Am I right in thinking you are getting rid of Rex? [​IMG]

~Aspen

3. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    OMG! I wish our coop was done! [​IMG] I would buy them in a heartbeat! They are just gorgeous and Rex is outstanding. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    So beautiful.... wow! Thanks so for sharing those photos and those eggs with us!

5. speckledhen

In an effort to simplify things for awhile around here, Rex is going to live with my friend, Scott, so I can have one less coop to maintain. His girls will go into the laying flock for awhile. I may eventually have a son of Rex and more BRs from this line, but want to wait until a few of my older hens pass on and my numbers go down. I do love my Barred Rocks and these are the sweetest pullets! All of them are just super eye candy.

6. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    Cyn
    I wish you lived closer. That drive is a little to far to do it again this time of the yr. [​IMG]

Robin

7. speckledhen

Robin, I didn't know you were interested in Barred Rocks as well as Delawares. [​IMG] Rocks are my first love, though I still have Isaac leading the main laying flock. If I didn't have Ike, I might have made Rex head of that larger flock, but Ike is my buddy and he'll be here until he passes on since he's such a great rooster. Need to simplify some things around here, which is one reason I didn't keep these eggs and hatch them myself (which was ridiculously tempting, let me tell you!)

About two weeks after Rex leaves around the 30th, the eggs will still be fertile by him, so there may be one more set I can offer, or hatch, if I can't resist, but not sure if I'll put them up for sale or not yet.

Nancy, hope you're doing okay.

8. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    I have BBS Rocks and one BR I call her Betty Boop she is a love. The delly girls are doing great laying very large eggs . Hope to hatch some of eggs this yr. Rex barring is so pretty.
    Quote:

9. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Amazing!!!! [​IMG]

10. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist Premium Member

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    wow wow wowwow!!!! [​IMG]

Out of my league [​IMG]