Barred Plymouth Rock Male - Oahu, Hawaii

KaitlynRae1

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2016
Haleiwa, Hawai'i
We bought this chicken from a hatchery in Honolulu and unfortunately it turned out to be a boy. He was born on June 1st. We can't keep him and hope we can get rid of him before he is able to breed with our other chickens and if that happens I'm not sure what we will do. We can't have a male chicken. Hopefully someone on Oahu can take him.

We can't keep him and hope we can get rid of him before he is able to breed with our other chickens and if that happens I'm not sure what we will do.

Hopefully someone takes him. Until then, I wouldn't stress the breeding with other chickens - eggs only develop if you allow them to. If you're collecting your eggs daily and putting them in a fridge or frying pan it doesn't matter if the egg is fertile or not..

Hopefully someone takes him.  Until then, I wouldn't stress the breeding with other chickens - eggs only develop if you allow them to.  If you're collecting your eggs daily and putting them in a fridge or frying pan it doesn't matter if the egg is fertile or not..

It isn't just that we don't want him mating with the other girls. We have had a male chicken before and can never have one again. I really wish we could keep him because he is super cute but we can't.

Back
Top Bottom