1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Barred Rock 10 days need gender help as special needs rehome

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by daxigait, Jan 31, 2016.

1. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    I have a ten day old barred rock from hatchery eggs that I need to see if I am right on gender as the bird needs a hobbiest or culled since the right leg does not work and I could not get it straightened. Scrappy little thing, but lame and will get attacked in my flock. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hodor

hodor Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2015
    Australia
    I'm no expert. But no black wash to feet and the head spot say male from my reading

3. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    It has more black on its legs then most of them and they all had bigger blurred spots except two had clearly defined spots. Strange br chicks

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Your BR chick is really too young to sex with any certainty of accuracy at this point. When it feathers out, if it is a male it will have light barring and if it is a female, it will have dark barring. I would suggest re-posting it's pic when it has fully feathered out.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I would say male

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by