Barred rock and welsummer

I’m thinking could the welsummer (pippin) be a legbar????

Attachments

• 8A44CC30-C20C-4D8F-8320-E275CD327AD9.jpeg
    8A44CC30-C20C-4D8F-8320-E275CD327AD9.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 0623AD71-A9BB-435E-B156-D89F2F0275DF.jpeg
    0623AD71-A9BB-435E-B156-D89F2F0275DF.jpeg
    376.8 KB · Views: 23
You can usually tell as day olds, with a few exceptions. Female BPR chicks have defined spots on their heads. Males usually have large spots that aren't clearly defined. Males' barring is much lighter, too.

Wellies are also pretty easily discerned as day olds, too. The "v" on their heads is very dark and defined on females, and their "eyeliner" is also very dark. Males are lighter in color and lack the contrast of the females'. Males have black chest feathering as they feather out. Girls have salmon-colored chests.

How old are your two? I can't see them very clearly on my tiny phone screen, but those wattles look pretty well developed. They both look like fellas to me.

You can usually tell as day olds, with a few exceptions. Female BPR chicks have defined spots on their heads. Males usually have large spots that aren't clearly defined. Males' barring is much lighter, too.

Wellies are also pretty easily discerned as day olds, too. The "v" on their heads is very dark and defined on females, and their "eyeliner" is also very dark. Males are lighter in color and lack the contrast of the females'. Males have black chest feathering as they feather out. Girls have salmon-colored chests.

How old are your two? I can't see them very clearly on my tiny phone screen, but those wattles look pretty well developed. They both look like fellas to me.
They are about 6-7 weeks old

Back
Top Bottom