Barred Rock Bantams from (Silkieluvr) & more Choc. NN's

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jmhappycowboy, Mar 20, 2008.

1. jmhappycowboy

jmhappycowboy The Egg Wrangler

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    Silkieluvr here is a pic of the little Barred Rocks and the other 2 chicks also. 1 of the Barreds wouldn't cooperate it kept running out of the pic so I gave up. [​IMG] I guess it is camera shy.

Also here is another couple pics of some more chocolate colored NN's that hatched today also.

Barred Rock Bantams (Silkieluvr)
    [​IMG]

Naked Necks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks Silkieluvr they are some cute lil chicks.

2. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    James, those chocolate NNs are making me HUNGRY! [​IMG] Those are some good looking chicks you just hatched. Congrats on getting the test eggs from Silkieluvr, too. [​IMG]

3. jmhappycowboy

jmhappycowboy The Egg Wrangler

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    Now Debbie we need to let the chocolate NN's grow a little there would not be much meat on the drumstick right now..[​IMG] Thanks I think that they are some nice looking chicks also. I got 2 more blue NN's this time also. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  4. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    Oh, Boy! James, sounds like you're going to have a rainbow coalition of NNs! [​IMG]

5. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    James, when I come to get the barred rocks, I will just have to scoop up a few of those NN's and put them in my pocket!! Too cute. You are killing me. I want to drive to your house right now.

Marie

Forgot to ask, do you know what the other two chicks are? And can you sex bantam barred rocks like you do the LF ones? Isn't there a spot on the head or something??

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  6. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    The two other chicks are our mille fleur d'uccle rooster x a quail d'anver hen, so you'll have to continue posting pictures of what color they turn out to be as I've never hatched any of that mix myself. As for sexing of the brs, you can get a general idea (we picked 2 of the 7 that hatched and both were girls) so look for very dark line on the front of their legs, a more defined spot on the head or no spot at al, and they're general personality. Our boy is very cocky and I imagine he'll pass that on to his sons [​IMG]

7. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I cant wait to hatch silkieluvr's eggs next month. And seeing them babies makes me more impatient. Congrats [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by