Barred Rock Bantams from (Silkieluvr) & more Choc. NN's

jmhappycowboy

The Egg Wrangler
12 Years
Dec 13, 2007
Philadelphia, MS
Silkieluvr here is a pic of the little Barred Rocks and the other 2 chicks also. 1 of the Barreds wouldn't cooperate it kept running out of the pic so I gave up.
barnie.gif
I guess it is camera shy.

Also here is another couple pics of some more chocolate colored NN's that hatched today also.

Barred Rock Bantams (Silkieluvr)
silkieluvr.JPG

Naked Necks
chocturken.JPG

turken.JPG

Thanks Silkieluvr they are some cute lil chicks.

Now Debbie we need to let the chocolate NN's grow a little there would not be much meat on the drumstick right now..
lau.gif
Thanks I think that they are some nice looking chicks also. I got 2 more blue NN's this time also.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
James, when I come to get the barred rocks, I will just have to scoop up a few of those NN's and put them in my pocket!! Too cute. You are killing me. I want to drive to your house right now.

Marie

Forgot to ask, do you know what the other two chicks are? And can you sex bantam barred rocks like you do the LF ones? Isn't there a spot on the head or something??

Last edited:
The two other chicks are our mille fleur d'uccle rooster x a quail d'anver hen, so you'll have to continue posting pictures of what color they turn out to be as I've never hatched any of that mix myself. As for sexing of the brs, you can get a general idea (we picked 2 of the 7 that hatched and both were girls) so look for very dark line on the front of their legs, a more defined spot on the head or no spot at al, and they're general personality. Our boy is very cocky and I imagine he'll pass that on to his sons
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom