Barred Rock...boy or girl

skamohai

In the Brooder
Oct 14, 2015
Big island, Hawaii
Hey guys!! I know that's a boy on the right side...but does anyone have any idea what gender the one on the left is??? They are almost 3 months...Thanks a lot for the input
1f603.png

I was told they are about 10-12 weeks old. They seem a little younger to me tho. They are same age...the lady told me that they are boys...but the one on the left is much smaller than the boy on the right side...the right is noticibly lighter too. I'll be happy with whatever gender it is but just very curious because of the size and color
How old? I'm leaning towards cockerel.

Given its light baring and the size and redness of its comb and wattles at that age, the one on the right is a cockerel. The one on the left has the light barring typical of a cockerel, but the lack of comb and wattle development says pullet so I'm leaning toward pullet on it. However, time will tell for sure.

Given its light baring and the size and redness of its comb and wattles at that age, the one on the right is a cockerel. The one on the left has the light barring typical of a cockerel, but the lack of comb and wattle development says pullet so I'm leaning toward pullet on it. However, time will tell for sure.

Right! My boy on the right definitely shows his male traits...but lefty over there is so sweet and petite compared to the brother!! Thanks for your input...boy or girl, he/she is still apart of the family...can't wait to find out what he/she actually is. All my other laying hens love them!

Right! My boy on the right definitely shows his male traits...but lefty over there is so sweet and petite compared to the brother!! Thanks for your input...boy or girl, he/she is still apart of the family...can't wait to find out what he/she actually is. All my other laying hens love them!

You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom