Barred Rock chicks in central Michigan

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by vicki2x2, Oct 19, 2008.

1. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I ordered some sebright chicks from Ideal and even though I paid for insurance and requested no extra's, they sent me 10 extra barred rock chicks. I think it might have been a mistake and was supposed to go in someone else's order. Anyway, I have for sale 10 barred rock chicks, st. run. I would like to sell them all together or I have someone interested in 4, so I would sell them like that if someone else would take the other 6,

I am in Eaton Rapids, between Lansing and Jackson. I am asking $2 a chick.

2. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    To bad you weren't a tad closer, I am in New Era which is between Muskegon & Ludington....with my gas hog! They are what I am looking for. [​IMG]

3. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Although you didn't want extras they still sent your order with the male packing peanuts(all males)...Honest mistake they make sometimes. My very first order from them beginning of March I got 9 BRs as PPs that order arrived dead (because of the cold temps and PO was a day late) except the PPs and one chick from my order. The next week they replaced my order and I got 9 RIR PPs. Ended up giving away 17 PPs because my kids wouldn't let us keep them for slaughter. Kept one of the BRs that just fell in love with my DD at first sight.

4. Barnett_Farms

Barnett_Farms Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2008
    South Central Michigan
    what would you take if we took all 10 or how much for the 6? We are in Leslie so we are close and could come get them as soon as tomorrow. Thank you !! [​IMG]

5. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Wonder if they're really black sex-links...males.

6. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    These were from mid october, they turned out to be straight run barred rock chicks. I sold all but 3, they are still here. They are in with some other chicks around their age. I haven't checked recently, but I think I have either 2 pullets and a cockeral or 2 cockerals and a pullet left.

7. Barnett_Farms

Barnett_Farms Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2008
    South Central Michigan
    When could we come take a look at them? Thank you

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by