Barred rock chicks in Colorado

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Barredrocks24, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Barredrocks24

Barredrocks24 In the Brooder

Mar 22, 2017
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    [​IMG]

This is when I brought then home last week, they are in a professional brooder now. I just love them! They are starting to grow feathers already!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Crowing

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Barredrocks24, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! I don't know - that looks like a pretty nice brooder to me!
    You can visit other CO poultry folks in your state thread in this link if you'd like: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    And if you are new to chickens, the Learning Center and it's vast array of articles will set you up to be a responsible poultry parent:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. N F C

N F C phooey! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Chicks do grow quickly, take lots of pictures!

1 person likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Chicks also try out their flying skills pretty early. That's when you need a wire top on the brooder. Sometimes chicks fly to the top and either fall out or jump out and cannot back get into the warm brooder. Also the top helps keep away house pets.

1 person likes this.
  5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Barredrocks24 [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some links to great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by