Barred Rock Chicks Need Sexing (good Pics)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BANTAMWYANDOTTE, Apr 13, 2011.

1. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

BANTAMWYANDOTTE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    Older post and I had to remove it because the chicks have been re-homed. Sorry!

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    when you look at the chicks feet, which are yellow, the ones who have grey on the front fof them are females. if they are solid yellow, (even if just a hint of grey) they are male. You can also tell by the white spot on the top of the head, but I ususally sex by leg colour. Also, the feathering of the males will be slightly a lighter (greyish) colour. (as opposed to females black)

3. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Another week will give more details, but you're likely to have a couple roos there.

The water color on the front of the legs is a good indicator, as is the over all feather tone. If it is more grey, it is a roo, of overall black, it is pullet. The pullets basically are dark with a smattering of white checks, while the male's are light and white is intense and larger bars.

At 6-7 weeks, the roos will have a pink comb, while the pullets will remain yellow. It also does not take longer for the males to act out dominant behaviors.

4. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    What About The Red Chick? I Think Roo.....

5. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

too soon on the other chick.

6. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    Fred's Hens :

too soon on the other chick.

WELL THANKS ANYWAY...I GUESS I AM JUST OVER ANXIOUS.......LOL​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by